Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Days Nine, Ten, Eleven and Twelve!

Okay, I guess I cheated a little bit.  I made 4 different kinds of no-bake cookies.  But this was A LOT of baking to try to do, and I really, really love these no-bakes!!!

Special K Bars:

 Crush up some special K cereal.
 Boil sugar and light Karo syrup.  Add in some peanut butter.  And then the cereal.
 Spread in a well-greased pan (these get very sticky).
 Melt some chocolate chips and butterscotch chips, spread on top!
 Let harden - don't put in the fridge!!!!

*These are delicious!!!

SCOTCHEROOS:

 These call for corn flakes, but since I use the Special K for the other recipe I just use Special K.
 And peanuts!
 And butterscotch chips!  And peanut butter!
 Melt the chips and peanut butter, mix with cereal and peanuts, and drop onto waxed paper.
Chill until ready - these are oh, so tasty!!

CHOCOLATE NESTS:

 Chow mien noodles and peanuts.

 Melt chocolate chips and butterscotch chips in the microwave and mix! Drop on waxed paper and chill in fridge.

CLASSIC NO-BAKES:
 I needed quick-cooking oats for this recipe and Steve was so nice and went to the store for me.  I was also out of waxed paper so he got some of that for me, too.
 Melt butter, sugar, peanut butter and cocoa together, mix in the vanilla and oats.
 Drop and let harden!
 These are so good!  Unfortunately, I only got one of them because someone (named Brian) took them ALL home after the party.  LOL.  (He was welcome to do so, I am just kidding.)

All in all, these no bakes are some of my favorite holiday treats!

No comments:

Post a Comment