Monday, December 12, 2011

Day Five: Peanut Butter Blossoms

These cookies are an old stand-by, but I like to add this little twist:

 These chocolate stars are the bane of my existence. Seriously. I have been looking for them EVERYWHERE.  I saw a suggestion a few years ago to use these stars instead of Hershey Kisses.  Last year I easily ordered them on amazon, but this year no-such-luck.  I went on the Brach's website, found a local reseller, and when I got there they told me they were no longer available, unless I wanted to order a case of 24 bags.  Several drug and grocery stores later, still no luck.  I went back to amazon and found ONE reseller who said that these used to be unavailable but recently came back into stock.  So I ordered them up, and paid shipping and everything.  That is how committed I am to my little chocolate stars.  Not only are they cuter, they also spread the chocolate-to-cookie ratio out.  And they are just a higher quality chocolate overall, which of course leads to a better cookie!

I didn't take many photos this time around, but I did want to take picture of this beautiful batter!  It was close to last night's but different - this one made with Crisco.

Rolled balls of goodness!


These actually go into the oven in balls - no pressing needed. 

When done, they come out fluffy and cracked.

You then push your chocolate down immediately - and get that crackled, delicious look.  The chocolate will melt a bit, but that is great because it adheres to the cookie this way.  Just be patient and let them harden back up before storing them, or you'll have a chocolaty mess.



This batch only made 42 cookies, and these are my favorite, so I am definitely going to need to make a second batch sometime after Christmas.  Yum, yum!

P.S. All of my cookie recipes can be found on google.  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment