Monday, December 26, 2011

A Baker's Dozen

I just can't stop!  I am a "baker" right?  And usually they make 13 of something, right?  I don't really know where that saying comes from, but I know that once I started making all of those cookies, I just couldn't stop!  So I made one more flavor.  I found this recipe for Chocolate Truffle Cookies with Sea Salt on the Ghirardelli Facebook page the other day, and I just kept thinking about them.  The recipe calls for their 60% Cacao baking chips which are my favorite thing in the world.  I also recently discovered a dark chocolate with sea salt candy bar (available at several places from different companies) AND I'm a Chocoholic, so I knew I had to try this recipe!!!


First, you melt some butter with some of those dark chocolate baking chips in a double boiler.
 Got to get that water simmering, but not too much!
 Here they are - these are so good, even just as a snack!  I like them with walnuts after the gym.
 This recipe only called for 1/4 cup of flour.  These were sure to be interesting.

 I love this wooden spoon - it reminds me of Steve's and my first anniversary - we celebrated it at Fearrington Village, only about 20 minutes from our house.  Each time I use this spoon I remember that wonderful celebration!

Another odd thing about this recipe - it called for baking powder, used more in cakes, instead of baking soda, typically used in cookies.

 A little bit of salt for the dough - coarse sea salt to come later!
 Of course some sugar to make the cookies a tad bit sweet.
 Two eggs.
 All whisked together - I didn't even break out the Kitchen Aid for this recipe!
 Trusty vanilla.
 Mix all of it together.
 Add in that tiny bit of flour.
 Chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
 Here's the salt!
 Drop onto parchment paper on cooking sheets, sprinkle on the sea salt, and bake!

 They were an ooey, gooey mess!  But they turned out really good - you have to let them cool for a long time before trying to move them over to foil or a baking rack.
 I packaged some up, along with many of my other cookies and gave them to friends, family and neighbors! I really liked this box I found at Michaels from Martha Stewart (of course).

Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment