Sunday, December 11, 2011

Day Four: Snickers Surprise

I love these cookies, and I've made them before.  When I was growing up, my VaVao and I (grandmother) would make these really yummy cookies called "Cookie Pops."  They consisted of a snack-size snickers or milky way, shoved onto a Popsicle stick, surrounded with peanut butter cookie.  However, they are really big, and bulky, and hard to store.  These "Snickers Surprises" are close enough, a bit smaller and without the stick.  So yummy!!!

Once again, my trusty mac book is open on the end of the bar, providing me the recipe. 

 I had breakfast on the stove while I prepared the dough, which needed to chill for 2 - 3 hours before forming/baking/freezing.
 I had all of the ingredients lined up, ready to be mixed once breakfast was finished.
 Butter and sugars, yum yum yum!
 I had a friend ask me about my scraper/beater thingy recently, and yes, it is awesome and does work the way they describe.  It scrapes the sides while you mix!  I also have the pouring shield which is so/so - I mean, it sort of helps but I still get flour everywhere.
 See?  Flour everywhere!
 Oh, this dough looks so yummy!  Now it's ready to be chilled.
 This is my very handy Tupperware mix-and-pour-and-store.  (Or something like that.  But it is handy!)
 Okay, several hours of housecleaning later, and I'm ready to roll!
 Steve did his part and unwrapped the snickers for me.
 Balls of yummy goodness, ready to be frozen!
 Rolled in sugar!
 My assembly line.
 First, the scoop.
 Then a thumbprint.
 Next, set in the snickers.
 Roll it all up!
 Once they are baked they are super yummy and soft!
 Ohm - nom - nom - nom. 

2 comments: