Sunday, December 4, 2011

12 Cookies of Christmas

I can't believe it has been almost 2 months since I've made any cupcakes.  That is just unacceptable.  Well, there was a batch of pumpkin cupcakes that ended up in the trash after using Scott's mom's "self-rising" flour on accident while we were in Nags Head for a weekend.  Whoops.  :D

Anyway, my true love are cookies, and I always make a TON around the holidays because that is just what you do, right? 

Since I don't have endless time, last year I tried a suggestion from Martha Stewart, (the queen of course) and made 1 type of cookies per day, freezing them and baking them when I needed them.  It was such a lifesaver!  I highly recommend this to anyone who wants to try to make lots of cookies but can't make them all in one sitting. 

Tonight's batch - chocolate chip!  You just can't talk cookies without chocolate chip.

I'll give you a few secrets to my famous chocolate chip cookies:

 One: mix the butter and sugars for 4 minutes.  No less.  Much easier when you have the Kitchen Aid, right?

 Use extra flour.  I can't tell you exactly how much, but just do it.  Also, 2 tsp vanilla, not 1.  Two!

 Ah, here is the main secret - use GOOD, high-quality chocolate chips.

 Oooh, so good!

Here are my little frozen balls of goodness, with my time/temp reminder written on the bag.  When I go to pull it out of the freezer, I'll know exactly what I need to do!!

Day 1 done!

2 comments: