Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Chewy Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies

Day 2

I did mention that I am not actually doing ONE batch of cookies each day, right?  I mean, not in 12 successive days anyway.  And there will be some days when I do 3-4 batches.  Anyway.  I just wanted to clarify.

So after running all over the county looking for the exact right ingredients and still not finding them, I finally took some time to actually make some cookies tonight.  These are some of my favorite, because if you know me and/or if you read my blog, you know I love chocolate and peanut butter all combined together. 

First, you have to start with the number one peanut butter chips.  (Are there any others?)  The recipe is on the back!!

Mix all of your dry ingredients - including cocoa!

Have I discussed my awesome and super cute new matryoshka doll measuring cups?  I love them!

 Get that mixer ready to rumble!

 My super huge batch of vanilla that I buy from Costco several times a year.  :)

 While we're at it, this is my super cute new owl sugar dispenser that I got from West Elm after Marlo and Ashley introduced me to the store!  It's great if you haven't checked it out.

 Butter warming on the oven since it just came out of the fridge.

And here are our yummy balls of goodness, ready to go in the freezer to chill.

When I was halfway through this recipe, Steve came down from a work call and tried to tell me about this Cable scandal that we've been dealing with for days.  I got so distracted that I accidentally put 2 Tablespoons of vanilla in this recipe instead of 2 teaspoons.  Whoops!  They still taste fine, if I do say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment