Saturday, March 9, 2013

Pink Rolled Flower Cupcakes

I absolutely fall in love quickly, and passionately.  When I love something, I can't get it out of my mind.  That is exactly what happened when I stumbled upon this amazing cake on Facebook. I saved the image to my desktop and thought & thought about how I could emulate this look with cupcakes.

I have a super supportive friend who I've mentioned on this blog before.  We work in the same building, and we ran into each other in the hallway about a month ago.  I mentioned that I was working with a mom on a first birthday party (the mom ended up making cupcakes on her own) and my friend piped up with her own need for first birthday celebration cupcakes.  I told her I had a great idea, sent her the picture, and it was a deal!

I knew that I wasn't going to modify a caulk gun to get super perfect tubes of fondant, but I did use some science, weighing, & measuring to make sure the flowers were as uniform as possible.  I think they turned out pretty cute, and I hope my friend & her family enjoyed them!














2 comments:

  1. These look amazing! You did such a great job on the flowers, I'm sure everyone at the birthday loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these turned out great! i guess uniformity is important.

    ReplyDelete