Saturday, March 9, 2013

Chocolate Chip Mascarpone Cupcakes

My friends are awesome.  Every month we have a potluck.  We rotate houses, and the hosts cook the main course & choose the theme.  In February, the hostess wavered between Mardi Gras (ultimately the holiday fell too early this year) and Oscar Movies, but ended up going Italian.  Although I was dying to sign up for salad-in-a-bag or garlic bread (something easy since I was working on a huge conference for my day job and needed something easy), I got stuck with dessert.  Well, I wasn't going to make tiramisu!!!  So I started looking for an Italian Cupcake recipe.  I'm always willing to try something new, something different.  :)

I found this recipe from food network, and Giada*. I don't watch Food Network (except for Cupcake Wars of course) nor am I a huge fan of cooking shows (only Martha Bakes).  But I watched this little video and made these little cupcakes, and if I do say so myself, they turned out AMAZING.  Super delish!  A must-try!!!

Delicious Chocolate Chip Mascarpone Cupcakes!


Ran out of mini choc chips for the tops, so I used pretty, pretty sprinkles.

Amazingly delish!


*There is a great food podcast out there called "Dining with Doug & Karen."  One of those hosts, Doug Benson, is my favorite comic of all time.  But I am quickly falling in love with Karen Anderson, the other host.  On a recent episode, she asked a guest if they liked Giada.  Karen said that she didn't like Giada, and it was because she always tries to make words "all Italianey."  I laughed out loud because in the video for this cupcake recipe, she pronounces mascarpone "all Italianey."  It's hilarious.  I <3 you, Karen!  Thanks for making me laugh on my drive to and from work.  And you, too, Doug. 




2 comments:

  1. well, she is italian. although i heard a moth podcast today with hilarious comedienne Lisa Lampanelli talking about how all italian girls have food addictions. perhaps giada is an impostor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and, i think you should have included the star wars version as well. it's a pretty hot theme, you never know!

    ReplyDelete