Saturday, March 9, 2013

Bourbon Ball Cupcakes

My good friend was celebrating a birthday, and I've never made him cupcakes before.  I decided on Bourbon Ball Cupcakes!


My friend is a gin lover, but I really didn't think gin cupcakes would be good on any level, so I searched through my "Intoxicated Cupcakes" recipe book.  I used this same book last summer to make hubby's chocolate stout birthday cupcakes.  They were amazing:

When I saw "Bourbon Ball" cupcakes, and read through the recipe, I knew it was a must-try!!

Step one: make the bourbon balls!


Step two: sift the cake flour with the amazing spice combination of All Spice, Nutmeg & Cinnamon!


Step three: amazing butter, and dark brown sugar. 


Step four: one scoop of dough, drop one bourbon ball in each, another scoop of dough & bake.


Step five - try not to eat the cupcakes before you've frosted them.  The smells were amazing.


Step six: make amazing frosting with melted chocolate, butter, sugar & bourbon.  Yummmmmm.


Step seven: Now you can enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment