Sunday, September 8, 2013

Key Lime Pie Cupcakes

I have an amazing friend.  Well, I have a lot of amazing friends.  And lucky for them, I love to bake, and I love them, and they often get cupcakes for their birthday!  This August, we were celebrating the 30th birthday of one such amazing friend, Cecilee.  She planned a catered Hawaiian Luau complete with pineapple chicken and rice.  (It was delicious.)



When I asked what I could do to help, she asked me to make cupcakes.  When I asked her what kind of cupcakes she wanted, this "foodie" came back to me with two different recipes, "can you use the graham cracker crust part of this recipe, with the frosting and key lime curd from this recipe. . . "

Sure.  No problem.  :)

Luckily I have another friend who loves to help me bake, and I could never have done it without her!  We put a graham cracker crust on the bottom, then made key lime cupcakes.  Key limes are teeny tiny, so trying to "zest" them was a bit crazy, and don't even get me started on how long it took to juice them!  But we made it work, and then I cooked up the key lime curd to put in the fridge.  Meanwhile, Marlo was working on making white chocolate hibiscus flowers for the decorations.  We filled the cupcakes with the key lime curd, topped the cupcakes with key lime cream cheese icing, and then dipped them in more graham cracker crumbs.



They were pretty darn delicious!





No comments:

Post a Comment