Sunday, May 29, 2011

Richie Rich

I'm taking Steve on a "secret trip" for his 40th birthday coming up next weekend, but he decided he wanted a party anyway.  I decided to do an afternoon Memorial Day party so it could be low-key (i.e. not a lot of work).  I asked if he wanted an ice cream cake, or cupcakes, and he said he didn't care.  If I get to pick, then you know what I am going to choose!

Marlo said she'd come help me after she tasted how delectable "The Dream" flavor from Friday was, I guess she thinks she'll learn some of my secrets or something!  (Just kidding - we just had a lot of fun.)

First we made the hot fudge sauce that was swirled and drizzled as a part of the recipe. 

Next we mixed the batter - this is a one-bowl recipe so I didn't even need to use the mixer.  (It might have been easier if I had but it all worked out in the end.)


Then I swirled in some of the hot fudge.

So pretty!  The recipe said it made 12 so I doubled it and of course doubled it made 36.  Oh well.  We actually organized my pantry with all of my new Tupperware while the cupcakes baked and cooled, and then we cored them with my fancy cupcake corer! 



Gotta save the middles to stuff back onto the cupcakes.



Then I piped some frosting into the middles and Marlo stuffed the tops back on.  Next up: piping the frosting on top!


We added a Brach's star to 18 of the cakes and drizzled the hot fudge sauce over the other 18.  So yummy and tasty looking!




Trust me when I tell you that these are delectable!

2 comments: