Saturday, May 28, 2011

Mexican Chocolate Pudding Filled

I guess I need to come up with a clever name for this one, but I can't think of it right now.

My good friend at work asked me for 2 dozen "Mexican themed" cupcakes for a party she was attending, as well as the weekend visit of her mother-in-law.  I found this recipe and decided I HAD to try it.

First I ordered some Mexican chocolate - yum!


I created the pudding first, which needed to chill in the refrigerator for several hours.  It looked pretty good!


Next I baked the vanilla cupcakes.  Can anyone tell me why vanilla cupcakes always rise WAY tall and crest OVER the pans and then get stuck to the pans and then pull away from the liners and make a huge mess?  Anyway, there are few photos because I ended up making about 100 cupcakes before I got 24 satisfactory cupcakes.  I really have to remember to put just a tiny amount of batter in each muffin tin for vanilla, and also to spray the pans with Pam in case any do happen to rise up.



It was after 11:00 PM when I started to make the frosting - not good.  I am not a night-time baker, but I know that starting your own business takes a lot of hard work so I was dedicated to completing a finished product that would live up to my very high standards.  The chocolate frosting was also a major disaster - it was too runny.  I don't understand why I can't seem to make chocolate frosting that isn't runny.  Any advice would be fabulous!

Don't worry - I used all of the extra cupcakes for cake pop balls- I know we'll be making some soon and when I do - I'll post them here!

Here are the finished Mexican Chocolate Pudding-filled cupcakes:




I got the colorful boxes from Michael's and the inserts from a place in Durham called "Not Just Paper."  I need to find a wholesaler of these boxes with the inserts.  However, I was very disappointed when my friend Melanie (the customer) told me that the cupcakes slid under the inserts and got all messed up.  Sad!

Melanie brought some of the leftovers to work to share with our coworkers, and one told me the frosting was "bangin'!"  It was very cute and very funny all at the same time.  Everyone who tried these cupcakes told me they were amazing, so I am really glad that at least they tasted great!

No comments:

Post a Comment