Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Next few months. . .

Over the next months, I continued my hobby of baking - I've always been known for my cookies, so I did attempt a couple of other "big" projects that weren't cupcakes, including a cookie cake for Valentine's Day and a cheesecake bar for the 4th of July.






I was also very honored when my friend Dawn (who loved her birthday cupcakes) got engaged and asked me to make her wedding cupcakes for her!  So over the next few months I made another batch of lemon cupcakes for her engagement party (combined with my great friend Marlo's engagement party), a batch of trial-run wedding cupcakes for Marlo's fiance Scott's birthday, and another set of trial-run chocolate frosting (with peanut butter cake) for Dawn's bridal shower.  For the wedding, I was trying strawberry cake with chocolate frosting, and chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream.  I nailed the latter, but was still working on the former. Needless to say, my friends were all overjoyed with all of the extra cupcakes around during those months!  Too bad I don't have photos. . .

2 comments:

  1. rule #1: when the baking ends, bring out the camera ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No kidding. I also must have made 1 other batch of strawberry cupcakes with chocolate frosting - I think it was for a scrapbooking party or something - because I tried out the 2nd (and winning) strawberry cake recipe.

    ReplyDelete