Friday, March 25, 2011

My new adventure

Thanks to an amazing friend, one year ago I was able to take my super-secret talent to a new level: baking.  I've loved to bake since I was a girl, standing on one leg in either of my Grandmother's kitchens.  In January of 2010, my dear friend Ashley decided she wanted to take a "cupcake decorating class" to learn more technique (she is far more accomplished than I) so I decided to join her.  Not once but TWICE we braved the snowy roads for Wake Forest, NC.  My first attempts at cupcakes are as follows:







It turns out that not only did I absolutely LOVE to design cupcakes, but I also had a bit of a talent, too!

3 comments:

  1. jenna! i didn't see this post until today! great intro to showcase your talent. who is this great far more accomplished friend of yours? must be a figment. you are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps: i think those are some of the best cupcakes either of us made. SUCH a great class that was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree - why can't my walls ever look as great? It must be the frosting they had us use. . .

    ReplyDelete