Monday, August 29, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups

Have you ever felt like making cupcakes, just because?  Felt like making them not for a birthday, or a paid order, or an event, just make them because you want to make them?  I know - it's crazy!  I just really, really wanted to make them tonight.  I was completely planning on going to the gym, but the storms prevented me from getting in the pool, my normal Monday night work out.  Also, lil' sis' Stephanie is in the Harry Potter Hood this week, so I knew she'd be good for helping (and eating) these tasty little delights!

My great friend Joe (who used to own 3 bakeries and he was on Oprah and lots of other things) lent me some silicone baking cups.  Once, I saw a blog where someone made cookie dough and put the cookie dough into these cups, and created cookie cup cakes!  Since I've been craving some chocolate chip cookies, I felt this was the perfect solution to my "I need cupcake" blues.

First, a drop of dough.


Then, a scoop of chocolate chips (mini ones were the only ones we had in the house)!

Then, another drop of dough.






You gotta mush it down, too!  (Or let Stephanie do it.)


Then another scoop of chocolate chips on the top.  We also put some pecans into 6 of the cookies - because I love nuts!!

Look how pretty they baked:


Hmmmm - I am thinking they are a little naked though, don't you?


Ah, much better!  Pretty little buttercream stars!

Love how they look once you take off the silicone, too:

These are just truly, fantastically, tasty.  Yum, yum, yum yum yum!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness. I am so lucky to know you. What a surprise to see these delicious goodies hand-delivered to my office this morning!!! Thank you Jenna!

    ReplyDelete