Sunday, August 14, 2011

Black & White Cake Pops

A wonderful friend ordered some cake pops for an Avon party she was holding, but left the coloring and styling choices up to me!  I went into my local supply store and wandered and wandered and wandered.  What to do when I can do anything I want?  Luckily I found some awesome black and white mini cupcake liners and some black and white sprinkles/sugar so I had found my inspiration!

My best co-baker, Marlo Baker, came over to help me.  Fun, fun!  What would I do without her?  We started with some melted white chocolate. 

 We also started with some dark chocolate candy melts, and added a lot of black food coloring.  Note to self: you don't really need to add that much black food coloring gel.  Your chocolate won't look black melted, but once cooled it will be that perfect shade of black.

 We always dip the sticks into the chocolate and then into the balls first, and then let that harden a bit.  We then dip the pops into the chocolate, sprinkle the sprinkles, and turn them upside down to dry.
 Here are a few of our first ones:
 Nice and black, right?  LOL.



Thanks to Marlo's super creativity, and her super amazing patience, we made this awesome box that I used to transport the cake pops.  We went up to my scrapbooking room (oh, yeah - haven't done much scrapbooking lately, have I?) and found a perfect box, some white paper, and some beautiful black ribbon.  I think this batch of cake pops turned out super great, don't you?

Shortly thereafter, hubby walked by and said, "aren't you going to make the red velvet cake pops, too?"  Yes, I had some pre-made cake balls frozen from the Fourth of July cake push ups that I had made.  Couldn't stand to waste all of those scraps!  So Marlo and I called HER hubby to head over, ordered some pizza, and went to town making some cake pops just for fun!





1 comment:

  1. Thanks for always inviting me, its fun to see what you are going to come up with next!

    ReplyDelete