Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sunday Sundae

As she often does, my former coworker Melanie inspired me.  She was telling me that she really enjoys photos of cupcakes that have a "sundae" look with a cherry on top.  I had a customer who ordered "The Ashley" (dark chocolate cupcakes - and this particular customer asked for the Swiss Meringue buttercream) and of course there was some leftover batter.  I was super excited with the new boxes that I ordered online from bakeabox.com - they are so pretty and the inserts are perfect!!!!


I really like the new swirl I've been doing, too!

Anyway, for the leftover batter, I decided to use some "nut cups" which are really trendy right now as cupcake liners.  I also thought it would add some vintage cuteness to the "ice cream sundae" inspired mini cupcakes.  Here they are:


So cute, right?  And never fear - they are SUPER tasty.  Melanie asked me, somewhat bewildered, if I have cherries just sitting around the house.  I said, "of course!"  :)

2 comments:

  1. I felt so special when these ice cream sundae mini cupcakes were delivered to me at work!!
    What a treat. Thank you Jenna.

    ReplyDelete