Sunday, February 3, 2013

12 Days of Christmas Cookies 2012

I am not sure why I am so crazy as to think it is "fun" to make 12 different kinds of cookies leading up to the holiday itself.  I love cookies, so a little of it is just me wanting yummy tasty cookies.  I love giving cookies away at Christmas, so part of it is that.

After this last Holiday season, though, I realize that I only like to do this if we are not traveling to Michigan.  I know my family in Michigan loves cookies, but I can't quite get them all baked and ready to go before Christmas, while also working a full time job and trying to get Merry Martini's off the ground and shopping and all of the craziness that comes with Christmas.

But, I think I did end up making 11 types of cookies through all the madness and I'm pretty sure they were enjoyed by all!  Here are some highlights:

 Okay, I'm cheating a bit these weren't from Christmas but I made them last fall - "monster cookies" and they were the greatest cookies I've ever made or tasted in my life. 


 1. The first batch for Christmas were these festive "mint" blossoms but they weren't all that good.
 2. The next kind were "Salted Chocolate Caramel" cookies that were about the 2nd best cookie I've ever made in my entire life. 



 3. Of course I made frosted sugar cookies.
 4. I also tried Icebox cookies this year which really weren't all that great.  And very fussy!


 (They didn't even turn out all that cute.)
 5. I made Soft Gingerbread with white chocolate chips - so amazing!  They were awesome!


 Just look at that lovely molasses.







 Not pictured:
6. Chocolate Chip
7. Chocolate with peanut butter chips
8. Special K Bars
9. No Bakes
10. Peanut Butter Blossoms
11. Snickers Surprises

I think I only made it to 11, but right after Christmas I did make some chocolate chip/butterscotch chip cookies that were amazing!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment